Over the years I have had the privilege of helping many folks through the embarrassment of credit card debt either by mediating those lawsuits or negotiating for the debtor. Usually someone has run into problems like loss of jobs or health issues that result in their needing to charge up their cards.
Often people in this situation do not know where to turn. Credit card delinquency has become a national problem.
In this economy, millions of Americans are in credit card delinquency.
Let me share with you ten red flags to watch for when choosing a debt negotiation firm.
Be suspicious of companies that do any of the following:
1. Guarantee that they can remove your unsecured debt.
2. Promise that credit card debt can be paid off with pennies on the dollar.
3. Require that you send them your money to be paid to the credit card
4. Tell you that you can stop making payments with no ramifications to your
5. Claim that creditors never sue consumers for credit card delinquencies.
6. Claim that using their system will not have a negative impact on your credit report.
7. Claim that they can remove accurate negative information from your
8. Speak in vague terms about how they get compensated.
9. Do not allow for a face to face meeting with you.
10. State that they are a non-profit company
If you need some help negotiating discounts on your credit cards go to www.TexasMediationGroup.com/contact-us
If you want more information, go to www.TexasMediationGroup.com/credit-cards